Monday, October 31, 2011

O Captain, My Captain!

Too many films based on comics… That’s not what it’s weird, since comic books aren’t geeky anymore and have hit the road to the mainstream. Even my ex girlfriend -a Black Eyed Peas and Christina Aguilera fanatic- started quoting me Hellboy.

So, yes. That is not weird. What is weird is that these movies actually rock! They are far from the Joel Schumacher’s “Batman & Robin” movie, and they have also surpassed the Tim Burton’s Batman movies.

Let’s start alphabetically about the marvelous thing that comics do with Hollywood:

300

Batman Begins (probably one of the best comic to film made)

The Dark Knight (see above)

Blade Trilogy (excluding the last one. It was a potato)

Captain America

Constantine

The Crow (just the first movie)

Daredevil (not that good, but I loved the comic)

From Hell (yes, yes, the Jack the Ripper movie with Johnny Depp)

Hellboy (pretty amazing indeed)

A History of Violence (have you read the novel? I haven’t, but I lobed the film)

The Incredible Hulk (the “Hulk” 2003 movie was okay, but not as good as this one)

Iron Man 1 + 2 (okay, the first one is better, we all saw that)

Kick-Ass (wasn’t Hit-Girl absolutely adorable?)

The Mask (yup. The Jim Carey movie)

Men In Black (MIB II was a disappointment. We have to wait for MIB III)

Red

Road to Perdition

Sin City

Spiderman I, II and III (with the critically acclaimed two firsts)

Superman Returns (although it was a little bit boring, methinks)

Thor

V for Vendetta

Wanted

Watchmen (my absolute fave)

X-Men (all five movies)

And after all this, all I have to do is this comment:

Captain America wasn’t one of my favorite Marvel Superheroes. His stories were long and boring, he didn’t have super powers etc. But the movie was shocking! Even a good-but-could-be-better comic is made into a baddass movie to the same style with Watchmen. Hollywood has gone mad, that’s all I know…

No comments:

Post a Comment